The first major update of Fortnite Season 7 is just around the corner, and it will introduce a new event to the game for fans to enjoy.
The Cosmic Summer Celebration is the event in question, and it’s building up to be an alien-heavy affair, so if you’ve ever wanted to establish contact with life from another planet, now is your opportunity.
This event will commence off with the release of the latest Fortnite update and will herald in the start of summer.
We don’t know exactly what this event comprises as of yet, but we’re sure there will be enough to do. Epic has already promised new adventures and rewards, but we’re sure there will be some surprises as well.
This is all the Item Shop cosmetics added in #Fortnite’s 17.10 update.
The Brat finally gets a backbling and the Knockwurst pickaxe returns, in THE BRAT’S BUNDLE!!!
Midas, Brutus, and Jules have summer skins.
Ayo and Teo, Guild Hen, Trippie Redd, and Levenok get Locker Bundles. pic.twitter.com/nYm0KLT9Dv
— The ‘Dog (@TheDogFN) June 22, 2021
Aside from the event’s opening, there will be more to look forward to. Because this is a large patch, there will be downtime, and here’s what we know so far.
When is the Fortnite patch releasing?
Downtime is unavoidable with each major upgrade, and the v17.10 patch is no exception. Epic Games has announced that Fortnite will go offline for the update on June 22 at 3:30 a.m. ET / 12:30 a.m. PT. It appears like we will be heading into the spaceship!
Unless it’s the start of a new season, the downtime is usually not too long, so there won’t be a long wait this time. However, it does mean that if you are in the middle of a game when downtime occurs, you will be pulled from that match.
Bug Fixes in Fortnite
Bugs fixed in v17.10: pic.twitter.com/8JkYMHrck7
— iFireMonkey (@iFireMonkey) June 16, 2021
While we are aware of the downtime and the forthcoming event, there is still plenty more to look forward to. This update will address many of the game’s irritating bugs.
- Item Shop update notice not clearing.
- Taking damage through cars while in motion.
- Ability to change loot pools in Battle Lab temporarily disabled.
- Character Collection Book incompletable due to missing entries.
- Saucers may become inoperable if a beamed-up object falls on it.
- Bunnywolf and Llion Sets temporarily disabled.
- One-handed Pickaxes continue to perform extra swings
- Melee hits aren’t registering on Melee Weapons for PC. (Save the World)
- Saurian Vigor perk stops working after respawn (Save the World)
- No indicator on mobile/Nintendo Switch for the Saucer boost cooldown and charges.
Fortnite Creative Mode
On June 24th, there will be a new Creative lobby takeover. If you enjoy anything other than the Battle Royale mode, now is your chance to try something new.
- Rounds not reporting correct placements. (Creative)
- Hud Controller Device join in progress (Creative)
- Images are cut off in the Discover tab. (Creative)
- Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of Island. (Creative)
Let’s see how these fixes affect the game’s quality.