Valorant, one of Riot Games‘ most popular free-to-play first-person shooter games, has finally issued the newest patch notes. The most recent Valorant Patch 2.11 is much smaller than previous updates, but it still includes performance and game system upgrades, as well as bug fixes and the return of Replication.
Riot Games has stated that this update is
“the quiet before the Episode 3 storm”,
The most recent Valorant patch will not include Episode 3 Act 1, as many had hoped. Instead, version 2.11 will concentrate on improving the game’s engine’s overall quality of life. Due to improvements in Epic’s Unreal Engine 4, Valorant patch 2.10 was skipped, and gamers had to wait nearly a month for it to come.
There were high hopes for a new Agent, as many believed patch 2.11 would also release Episode 3 Act 1 with it. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The focus this time will be on performance improvements, with Riot aiming to make Valorant even smoother when 2.11 goes live, according to the article.
There will also be a slew of bug fixes, both for the Agents and the maps. Fans of the game who want a more extensive description of the patch can visit Riot’s official website. However, here is a quick rundown of all the key revisions.
The last patch before Episode 3 is a light one, but Patch 2.11 brings some welcome performance updates and bug fixes. Read them here: https://t.co/rESyOmvtju
— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) June 8, 2021
Here are the Valorant patch note updates that have been confirmed by Riot Games.
- Added a Leaderboard search bar to help you find players by name
- Replication is back as part of our modes rotation and will replace Escalation for now
- Improved Client framerate by 1% on average for medium to high spec machines by optimizing abilities, equipment, and weapons in your inventory
- Optimized Agent and Environment mesh clipping calculations
GAME SYSTEM UPDATES
- Fixed fonts for various regional languages to improve readability
- Updated ping wheel and radio wheel to ignore non-movement inputs while the wheel is displayed
- Fixed an animation issue with abnormal hand positions while equipping weapons
- Fixed an issue where Reyna couldn’t sell then rebuy Dismiss ability during Buy Phase
- Fixed a bug that was causing an infinite load symbol while viewing a friend’s career.
- Fixed several Leaderboard UI bugs.
Looking forward to what Riot has planned for Episode 3, which, as you may have predicted, will be released soon.